[Eeglablist] ERSP graphs in microvolts (not in dB)?

Thomas Ferree tom.ferree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:56:08 PDT 2008

The usual thinking is that the log of the power spectrum estimate
(whereestimate
is computed, e.g., as average over trials) is distributed as chi^2,and chi^2
approaches Gaussian for many degrees of freedom.

See this paper (section 2.2) for parametric statistical tests
of differences
between power spectra:

Bokil H, Purpura K, Schoffelen J-M, Thomson D, Mitra P (2007).  Comparing
power spectra and

coherences for groups of unequal size.  Journal of Neuroscience Methods 159:
337-345.

We have looked at the distribution of some of our data and have found it
well
fit by chi^2, but I suspect the result is data set dependent.

--
Thomas Ferree, PhD
Department of Radiology