[Eeglablist] Does EEGLab benefit from Matlab's support for multi-threading?

Alex Lamey alamey at yorku.ca
Wed Dec 3 12:15:14 PST 2008

We are running EEGLab on Linux with a 2.0GHz dual-core 64-bit AMD
processor.  We recently upgraded from Matlab 2006a to 2008a, hoping
to see a gain in speed for low-frequency filtering and ICA, since
Matlab has been able to exploit multiple processors as of 2007a.  I'm
not sure that we are seeing any difference in processing speed,
however.  Has anyone else found a performance gain on a
multiprocessor system when upgrading Matlab?

Alex Lamey
MEHRI, York University
alamey at yorku.ca
416-736-2100 x33425