[Eeglablist] New package for ERP analysis

Steve Luck sjluck at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 18 12:22:41 PST 2008

My lab -- in conjunction with several other labs -- is putting
together a package of freely available, open source Matlab routines
for basic and advanced ERP analyses called ERPLAB Toolbox.  It will be
tightly integrated with EEGLAB, providing the ERP analysis tools that
are needed to do conventional ERP research.  These tools include
sophisticated sorting of trials for averaging, plotting of ERP
waveforms, measurement of amplitudes and latencies, etc.  The new
functions will be available from the EEGLAB GUI and will also be
available to Matlab scripts.  It will be designed to make it easy for
users to customize the functions and add new functions.  We are now at
the stage of beta-testing the first set of functions, and we hope to
provide a public release of these functions within 6 months.

We are planning to submit a grant proposal to fund this effort, and it
will be very helpful if we can provide an estimate of the number of
potential users.  If you think you might be interested in using this
package, please sign up for our email list at http://mail01.cmb.ucdavis.edu/mailman/listinfo/erplab
  (this will also allow you to receive up-to-date information about
releases).

Please sign up for the list soon, because the proposal is due in
January.  And please distribute this message to anyone you know who
might be interested in using the software.  The more potential users
we can identify, the greater are the chances that this project will be
funded.

Steve Luck

Steven J. Luck, Ph.D.
Professor
Center for Mind & Brain and Department of Psychology
University of California, Davis
267 Cousteau Place
Davis, CA 95618
(530) 297-4424