[Eeglablist] Professorship in Biomedical Engineering

Aleksandra Vuckovic Aleksandra.Vuckovic at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Feb 24 01:49:08 PST 2011

University of Glasgow
http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/chairs/#d.en.184180
Professor of Biomedical Engineering

This position is available for a candidate who will provide academic leadership and conduct world-class research in Biomedical Engineering<http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/research/researchdivisions/biomedical/>. Measured across a range of key performance indicators, Glasgow is one of the leading centres for Biomedical Engineering in the UK, with strengths across a range of disciplines including Cell & Tissue Engineering, Rehabilitation Engineering, Advanced Diagnostics & Lab-on-a-Chip and Systems & Synthetic Biology. We have also just launched a new undergraduate degree linking teaching in the School of Engineering with the Hospitals and the Schools of Medicine and Life Sciences.

We welcome applications from candidates with expertise across a range of areas in Biomedical Engineering, including rehabilitation engineering, regenerative technologies, neurotechnologies, functional imaging or signal processing. The University wishes to promote and grow a multidisciplinary research portfolio and fully engage with the societal challenges as identified by RCUK. Therefore, we welcome applications from candidates able to establish linkages across the University and into our Hospitals, in engineering technologies associated with health, disease and ageing. However, the overall potential of the right candidate, together with their personal and academic qualities are considered the most important factors. The successful candidate is expected to be leading a substantial existing portfolio of research in Biomedical Engineering.

A candidate of appropriate stature and reputation will be considered for appointment to the Wiley Chair.