[Eeglablist] warp montage in co-registration of DIPFIT fails

Agatha Lenartowicz alenarto at ucla.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:13:00 PDT 2011

Hi all - I am having very basic issues with DIPFIT, specifically with the "warp" automatic rotation option. In short it fails - and it does not seem to be a FT problem so much as a problem with the structures passed b/w scripts.

The warping fails at line 166 of ft_electroderealign.m as follows - this occurs b/c the code doesn't like the assignment of the output of ft_convert_units into template(i).

ERROR:
??? Subscripted assignment between dissimilar structures.
Error in ==> ft_electroderealign at 166
    template(i) = ft_convert_units(template(i), elec.unit); % ensure that the units are consistent with the electrodes

However if I hack this to get past this little error - the script fails later on b/c it can't see the "method" field in template variable (which does exist in the CFG variable, see below).

??? Error using ==> ft_electroderealign at 462
unknown method

When I check what's in CFG variable at the start of the ft_electroderealign.m function I get the following... which looks ok.

cfg =

             elec: [1x1 struct]
         template: [1x1 struct]
           method: 'traditional'
          channel: {1x39 cell}
         feedback: 'no'
    casesensitive: 'yes'
        headshape: []
             warp: 'rigidbody'
      trackconfig: 'off'
      checkconfig: 'loose'
        checksize: 100000

and within cfg.template:

cfg.template
ans =

      pnt: [346x3 double]
    label: {1x346 cell}

Any thoughts what's going on here? I suspect there is something wrong with how the template is created but  I am not sure where to dig.
Many many thanks ~
Agatha