[Eeglablist] changing the epoch duration

Cockburn, Jeffrey jeffrey_cockburn at brown.edu
Tue May 3 10:18:10 PDT 2011

Greetings.

I like to take long epoch durations to give ICA a little more data to work
with (about 5 seconds from start to finish surrounding my events of
interest). After running ICA and extracting the components I need, I would
like to reduce the epoch duration around the events of interest (about 1
second from start to finish). I can't use the 'extract epochs' function
because this produces duplicate events since the original 5 second epoch
window captures more than one event of interest in each epoch. I've also
tried manually reshaping EEG.data and EEG.times, but this seems to confuse
EEGlab as to when events occur in relation to the raw EEG data. Is there an
easier way to do this?

Thanks