[Eeglablist] changing the epoch duration

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Wed May 4 11:33:04 PDT 2011

Hi Jeffrey,

To do this you can use the menu option "Edit > Select data" then enter
your time values in the edit box beside "Time range [min max] (s)".
For example entering [-.2 .8] will reduce your segments to a one
second epoch starting at -200ms relative to your lock event.

Similarly you could call the following from the command line or script:

EEG = pop_select(EEG,'time',[-.2 .8]);

As a side note, I am interested to know if there are any side effects
of using large overlapping segments for ICA due to temporally
redundant data? To avoid performing the ICA on redundant time points I
have been running it on the pruned continuous signal before segmenting.

James Desjardins
Technician, MA Student
Department of Psychology, Behavioural Neuroscience
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON, Canada
L2S 3A1