[Eeglablist] removing eye channels before ICA?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:18:25 PDT 2011

1. In egi data I usually dont see such a big difference. If you are
collecting the extra emg via egi's custom setup for extra channels, you
should check with them.

1.5. It's probable not enough work has been done as of yet to compare ic
decompositions with extra noneeg.channels, and ic decompositions without
extra noneeg channels.

2. I often get ic's that seem to pick out one bad channel, but if the.data
is cleaned enough, and of appropriate size, for ica, and youve.removed
enough bad channels and noisy data, you should get some components that seem
brainbased and interpretable.

3. We usually keep in all or most.chamnels around the eyes, unless they are
very noisy. Usually ica picks up the eyeblink and eyemovement artifact
pretty clearly as an independent ic or two.

4. It will be good to know your final solution for your extra channels, and
whether extreme data can bias the ica results.Please let us know.