[Eeglablist] 64 Channel Neuroscan .loc file

Ryan McKindles ryan.mckindles at marquette.edu
Fri Jun 17 14:48:41 PDT 2011

Hi Steuart,

I hope things are going well for you down in Louisiana. To answer your
question, I have an .xyz file that is EEGlab compatible for the 64 Channel
EEG cap for the Neuroscan QuikCap. The best localization is done on a
subject specific basis. However, if you are just looking for standard
positions, this should be perfect.

Notice that M1 & M2 are included in the 64 channels and also included in the
.xyz file (can open as a text file) are the VEO, HEO, and EMG channels.
These are placed kind of arbitrarily in space. You can delete them or mark
them as non EEG channels (uncheck yes where it says "Channels in data
array(set=yes)") when you upload the file into EEGlab.

Be aware that .xyz file is kind of strange coordinates compared to the 3d
plot in Matlab. Open EEGlab and type help readlocs in your command window of
matlab. Read about the .xyz format. It is actually -Y, X, Z.

The file I'm sending is already in that format and when you plot it in 3D in
EEGlab it should have the nose ( midline through Fpz) along the x axis. I
hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ryan McKindles
Integrative Neural Engineering
& Rehabilitation Laboratory (INERL)