[Eeglablist] singletrials option in std_erpplot

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 21 13:43:47 PDT 2011

Dear Hamish,

> If Ns = number of subjects and ntrials = number of trials, and the ‘use trial info’ button is switched on, is the condition difference calculated for every trial and every subject, collapsing all the subjects into one huge pool of trials and using Ns*ntrials as the final N value?

yes, your assumption is correct. There are currently potential problems with doing that (especially concerning the formulation of your null hypothesis). However, future measures onto which our colleague Cyril Pernet and Guillaume Rousselet are working should allow to rigorously include single subject trial information into the multi-subject calculation of significance and confidence interval. These measure will eventually be included in EEGLAB.