[Eeglablist] Name conflicts between EEGLab and MATLAB builtin functions

Etienne Benoît Roesch etienne.roesch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 01:26:51 PDT 2011

Dear all,

I am using MatLab 2010a (MacOS 10.6.8), and MatLab complains on startup as follows:

Warning: Function /Applications/eeglab10_2_2_2b/functions/octavefunc/evalc.m has the same name as a MATLAB
builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In hgrc at 162
  In matlabrc at 100
Warning: Function /Applications/eeglab10_2_2_2b/functions/octavefunc/uimenu.m has the same name as a MATLAB
builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict.
> In hgrc at 162
  In matlabrc at 100

It also complains in much similar ways once in a while, on startup and for some of the analysis and plot functions. For instance, spectopo() returns:

Warning: "/Applications/eeglab10_2_2_2b/functions/octavefunc" not found in path.
> In rmpath at 58
  In eeglab at 222

Am I correct to assume it is not safe for me to rename these functions (and wherever I can find where they are called from) in the eeglab folder itself? What would you recommend? (downgrade MatLab?)

Thanks for your help!

-----
Dr. Etienne Roesch
Centre for Integrative Neuroscience and Neurodynamics
Reading, RG66AL, United-Kingdom
http://etienneroes.ch/calendar