[Eeglablist] A second ICA after removing components?

Maximilien Chaumon maximilien.chaumon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 01:55:35 PDT 2011

Thanks Makoto,

I did not tweak the inside of the EEG structure, I just ran ICA a second
time on the same EEG structure after removing the components. Perhaps it
would be good to prohibit doing a second ICA if components have been removed
from the dataset.

If I remember correctly I removed three components from the first
decomposition, and found it funny that the second one then recovered
components with extremely similar topographies, as shown
here<http://oszilla.hgs.hu-berlin.de/public/2ICAs.png>
.

I did update the wiki based on the beginning of this discussion and added
the note you are referring to.

Max