[Eeglablist] Incorrect singal amplitude after loadavg

Sanket Jain jainsanket1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:00:40 PDT 2011

Hello experts,

Yesterday, I downloaded the latest stable version of EEGLAB. I would like to
read some .avg files from Neuroscan into MATLAB. I tried using the following
loadavg function in EEGLAB. But there is a mismatch of signal amplitude
between neuroscan and loadavg. Below are links to figures from both the
software.

EEGLAB-loadavg
http://www.adrive.com/public/816d021415ff14b4ad2989ea39140523c1c55b98f533db1e650d33bddefbb66c.html

Neurscan
http://www.adrive.com/public/ab62848ced78e0a3b325033084c5691e02498e1d7be9f93578521c7bcc42c260.html

It is possible that the header in the .avg file might be incorrect which
could lead to incorrect amplitude interpretation by EEGLAB.
Can some one help me figure out if the bug is within loadavg function or in
my header information?
Which header fields could cause this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Sanket