[Eeglablist] Incorrect singal amplitude after loadavg

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 08:55:49 PDT 2011

Hi Sanket,

EEGLAB's loadavg() function automatically scales the data into some units
other than microvolts; Neuroscan, on the other hand, represents the data in
microvolts. To load the data without scaling it (which is usually desirable,
since graphs in publications typically represent data in microvolts), you
can use Yang Zhang's loadavg_bcl() function, which is attached. Just save it
in the same folder where your EEGLAB functions are (I think it's the folder
called "sigprocfunc"), and then use it instead of loadavg().

Hope this helps,

Steve Politzer-Ahles