[Eeglablist] How to "difference plot" of coherences from two different datasets or conditions in SIFT and/or EEGLAB

James Jones-Rounds jj324 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 13 08:05:40 PST 2014

Thank you Mikolaj! Yes, I simultaneously discovered the EEG.CAT.Conn
fields, which contain the data I am seeking. However, I don't know of an
easy way to plot it.

What I've succeeded in doing is kind of a hack-path work around: I just
take a duplicate version of one the datasets I'm using to generate the
difference coherence, and overwrite the EEG.CAT.Conn.Coh (because in my
case right now I'm looking at Complex Coherence) with the matrix-subtracted
EEG.CAT.Conn.Coh 4-D matrix I just created. In other words (in case anyone
else needs to do this)

coh_diff_Condition1_minus_Condition2 = EEG(2).CAT.Conn.Coh -
EEG(1).CAT.Conn.Coh;

%%% This assumes both coherence matrices have the same dimensions, i.e.
same number of windows.

%%% Then I take one of those EEG datasets, duplicate it as EEG(3).

EEG(3).CAT.Conn.Coh = coh_diff_Condition1_minus_Condition2;

%%% This I can then plot using the Time-Frequency Grid process in SIFT, and
it works like a charm, although beware that any other connectivity measures
that haven't been modified will still look the same as in the dummy dataset
that I used to hold this difference coherence matrix, unless you replace
those, too, with difference/subtraction values.

Thanks,

James

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Mikołaj Magnuski <imponderabilion at gmail.com

--
James Jones-Rounds
Laboratory Manager
Human Development EEG and Psychophysiology (HEP) Laboratory,
Department of Human Development,
Cornell University | Ithaca, NY
607-255-9883
eeg at cornell.edu