[Eeglablist] (Too) long of an explanation and questions at the end

Tom Campbell tom_campbell75 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 23:27:19 PST 2014

Hi,

The most serious noise issue concerns the electrodes. So the electronics are rather good at putting lipstick on a pig! The device has built-in filters, though additional offline filtering is an option.  People use this device for BCI without offline filtering.  It is possible to customise with better electrodes:https://github.com/SmartphoneBrainScanner/smartphonebrainscanner2-hardware/blob/master/easycap/build_instructions.md

These may be of interest:

Debener, S., Minow, F., Emkes, R., Gandras,
K. & de Vos, M. How about taking a low-cost, small, and wireless eeg for a
walk?. Psychophysiology 49 1617–1621 doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8986.2012.01471.x ( 2012)

T.