[Eeglablist] Getting summary conclusion of band power analysis

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 27 21:55:14 PST 2014

Dear Tommaso,

Sorry for delay.
There is no dumb question. Your question is completely reasonable. The
inconvenience you experienced is because EEGLAB does not allow users to
access to basic metric through GUI*,* which is a legitimate problem.

For your request, please try the code below. If you want to calculate the
ratio. add up all power for a denominator.

% for your epoched data, channel 1
[spectra,freqs] = spectopo(EEG.data(2,:,:), 0, EEG.srate);

% delta=1-4, theta=4-8, alpha=8-13, beta=13-30, gamma=30-80
deltaIdx = find(freqs>1 & freqs<4);
thetaIdx = find(freqs>4 & freqs<8);
alphaIdx = find(freqs>8 & freqs<13);
betaIdx  = find(freqs>13 & freqs<30);
gammaIdx = find(freqs>30 & freqs<80);

% compute absolute power
deltaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(deltaIdx))/10);
thetaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(thetaIdx))/10);
alphaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(alphaIdx))/10);
betaPower  = 10^(mean(spectra(betaIdx))/10);
gammaPower = 10^(mean(spectra(gammaIdx))/10);