[Eeglablist] import biosemi 128 channel data into EEGLAB and channel location file

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 15 08:47:15 PDT 2014

Dear Guofa,

This is interesting to me too

1)      do I really need to assign a reference channel to load .bdf file?
Since they say 'Use reference or you'll lose 40dB' right? Why don't you do
a simple experiment; in one condition you import .bdf file without
specifying a reference electrode and in the other condition you do. Do you
see difference in spectra?

The active electrode, as I remember, 'injects' current so that it defines
the baseline. If this is true, the reference electrode could be any of
them... you may want to test this too. I would really appreciate if you can
tell me what you observe in this experiment.