[Eeglablist] EEGlab pop_chanedit() warning

Esben K eklarlund at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:42:24 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner at both matlab and eeglab and I encountered this problem
<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2014/007550.html> in Chapter 2.
I'm using eeglab v13.4.4b and matlab 8.5. I followed the instructions for
but I received the following warning:

Warning: channel labels should not be empty, creating unique labels

> readlocs(): 'loc' format assumed from file extension
>
> cannot plot: no XYZ coordinates

I attempted to call eeglab functions from the command line as suggested by
Arnaud Delorme <http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2014/007608.html>,
but I received additional error messages:

rawInputEEG
>> =pop_chanedit('C:\Users\Esben\Documents\EEGlab\eeglab13_4_4b\sample_data\eeglab_data.set',
>> 'load',{
>> 'C:\Users\Esben\Documents\EEGlab\eeglab13_4_4b\sample_data\eeglab_data.set',
>> 'filetype', 'loc'});
>
> Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar
>> values.
>

>> Error in pop_chanedit (line 163)
>
> if isempty(chans) || ~ishandle(chans)

and for Arnaud's second suggestion:

>> rawInputEEG.chanlocs=
> readlocs('C:\Users\Esben\Documents\EEGlab\eeglab13_4_4b\sample_data\eeglab_chan32.locs');

readlocs(): 'loc' format assumed from file extension

Warning: Struct field assignment overwrites a value with class "char". See
> MATLAB R14SP2 Release Notes, Assigning

Nonstructure Variables As Structures Displays Warning, for details.

>> rawInputEEG = eeg_checkset(rawInputEEG);

IMPORTANT: After importing/modifying data channels, you must close

the channel editing window for the changes to take effect in EEGLAB.

TIP: Call this function directy from the prompt, ">> pop_chanedit([]);"

     to convert between channel location file formats

Warning: channel labels should not be empty, creating unique labels

readlocs(): 'loc' format assumed from file extension

>> rawInputEEG =pop_chanedit(rawInputEEG);

Reference to non-existent field 'nbchan'.

> Error in pop_chanedit (line 170)

        nchansori     = EEG.nbchan;

 Could there be something wrong in the definition file (
https://bitbucket.org/sccn_eeglab/eeglab/src/b5c3b5316735254f2a73c7338cd3aca4634b5fb3/sample_data/eeglab_chan32.locs?at=master
)?