[Eeglablist] newtimef automated stepsize?

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 30 17:57:17 PDT 2017

Dear Joshua,

Sorry for belated response.

> For example, if you define freqs as [3 50], and a 250ms window size is
chosen by the algorithm, to estimate power at 3 hz, you would require a 333
ms time window to capture a full cycle. How is it that the TF image can
show fluctuations in 3Hz power within a 200ms segment of time?

If you do this, I believe the function performs wavelet(-like) transform
starting from 1/(0.25s/3cycles) = 12Hz and never goes down to 3Hz even if
specified. You should be able to confirm it in the result.

Makoto