[Eeglablist] Eliminating day-to-day variability

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:00:04 PDT 2017

Hello Yuval,

Different sessions taken from the same subject, but at different times or
days, and with a "new setup" of the EEG cap for that subject....
can lead to considerable differences in the signal, even though the data is
coming from the same participant.
Overall, there is high reliability for EEG measures (see google scholar for
eeg test-retest papers).
In your case, it's likely that there are real differences in the signal
quality from the two sessions.
It is also possible, of course, that by accident, the second session is
from a different subject.
However, it would be difficult to tell just from EEG from the two sessions
whether the data truly comes from the same person or not,
as EEG fingerprinting for individuals is not a well-developed science yet.