[Eeglablist] Rejecting continuous data with script: "events were corrupted" (BUG 1971)

Shaoyun Yu s.yu at nagoya-u.jp
Tue Oct 22 20:56:42 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am trying to reject the data during rest breaks before cleaning with
ASR because these periods often contain a lot of EMG and other noises. I
also decided to remove the idle periods before and after the experiment.

If I pass an array of time regions to eeg_eegrej, e.g.:

```
EEG = eeg_eegrej(EEG, [0 100; 500 600]);
```

Bug 1971 will occur with the warning:

BUG 1971 WARNING: IF YOU ARE USING A SCRIPT WITTEN FOR A PREVIOUS VERSION OF
EEGLAB TO CALL THIS FUNCTION, BECAUSE YOU ARE REJECTING THE ONSET OF THE
DATA,
EVENTS WERE CORRUPTED. EVENT LATENCIES ARE NOW CORRECT (SEE
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_bug1971);

Interestingly, the bug will still happen even if point 0 is not
included: eeg_eegrej(EEG, [500 600])
What are the implications of this bug when I do rejection in scripts?
Would it cause any distortion to the data?
I am running on EEGLAB v14.1.2.

Thank you,

Shaoyun Yu
Doctoral student, Graduate School of Humanities
Nagoya University
s.yu at nagoya-u.jp <mailto:s.yu at nagoya-u.jp> | s.yu at pm.me <mailto:s.yu at pm.me>