[Eeglablist] Rejecting continuous data with script: "events were corrupted" (BUG 1971)

Delorme, Arnaud adelorme at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 23 10:39:54 PDT 2019

Dear Shaoyun Yu,

Yes, the message appear when you enter "EEG = eeg_eegrej(EEG, [0 100; 500 600]);”
I have tried two other datasets and it does not appear when you enter "EEG = eeg_eegrej(EEG, [1 100; 500 600]);”

Note that the EEGLAB history will never generate a limit with 0 (since the first sample is 1) so this is only if you manually enter the limit when calling the function. Therefore most often this bug (which only occurs in EEGLAB version up to 2016) is not a problem. More details are available at https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_bug1971

We now have a complex process that checks the consistency of different methods and show this warning when there is lack of consistency. The issue is usually about adding boundary events at the data limits when you reject the beginning or the end of the data and I have not seen any discrepancy associated with actual rejection. In any case, would you mind to share your dataset so we can look into it at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ob2DUgGQWVf2xAbbo6o3yMfdMWRPyFZJ (just drag and drop).

Best wishes,

Arno