[Eeglablist] Recommendations for in-ear headphones for EEG

Sebastian Sauppe sauppe.s at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 03:47:26 PST 2024

Dear EEGLAB list,

I am looking for recommendations of (shielded) in-ear headphones that work well to be used during EEG recordings. What kind of headphones do you use in your lab?

We’re starting a couple of studies in an EEG booth that is set up as an interim solution and does not have sound absorbing panels on the walls. We thus want to use in-ear headphones to present audio stimuli to our participants. In other EEG labs at our university, Etymotic Research’s insert earphones ER-3C are being used, but they cost about $750 / € 685.

I was wondering whether people have recommendations for cheaper in-ears that work equally well.

Kind regards,
Sebastian