[Eeglablist] Import of iEEG Data from a XLTEK EPWorks from a NATUS machine

Zinn, Sebastian sz3253 at cumc.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 19 14:26:36 PST 2024

Dear EEGLAB community,

 I am reaching out to you to ask for advice and guidance regarding the import of intracranial EEG (iEEG) data into EEGLAB. Specifically, I am working with data recorded by an XLTEK EPWorks system, a product of NATUS Medical Incorporated.

I have encountered some problems importing this data as it is in a proprietary format (.iom) that does not seem to be directly supported by EEGLAB or other tools. The actual EEG data seems to be in subfolders with .REC files (and others). (.eeg files are not included in the folder structures). I am aware of the extensive capabilities of EEGLAB and its wide acceptance in the EEG research community, so I would like to analyze this data using EEGLAB's rich set of tools and features.

I would be very happy if someone could help me with a tip or have an idea.

With best regards

Sebastian Zinn