[Eeglablist] Segregated EDFs

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:06:06 PST 2024

Dear Efthymios,

Not sure why this happens, considering they have the same file length. Did you use the same sampling rate for all of them?
Some possibilities:
- Computer storage/memory limitations
- recording interruptions
- Software export settings
- Software or firmware glitches during export

I would check that the ANT aEEG unit and any associated software are updated to latest versions, check memory on the recording computer, check settings in software.

2) you can import them one by one with the import_edf EEGLAB plugin, and with a script merge them into one file. If you want to do that, send me a personal message and I can help. We could potentially add this feature to the plugin. I've seen segmented EDF files before.

You can also merge them using EDFBrowser (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.teuniz.net/edfbrowser/__;!!Mih3wA!EnS9FjqmjmFn5LyhUAKBNLRyttCKB8SKZ7jjvMYs6ihnV0rcfz4zIP-CpgXcca5q1SfUd0zqvOMu8FhOEFnVw9T_mg$ ) and import the resulting file into EEGLAB with the import_edf or biosig plugins.

Hope this helps,

Cedric Cannard