[Eeglablist] EEGLAB .set file compatibility with HAPPE pipeline

Sahura Ertuğrul sahuraertugrul at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 03:54:53 PDT 2024

Dear all,

I would like to ask a question if you have already worked with the HAPPE
pipeline via EEGLAB. I am also in contact with the HAPPE team who are
really trying to help, but I could not find a valid solution so I want to
ask this group, too. I am trying to preprocess child low-density EEG data
with the HAPPE pipeline. The data was collected via 32 actiCAP slim active
electrodes (actiCAP snap; Brain Products GmbH, Gilching, Germany). The
original data file extension is .eeg, .vhdr, .vmrk. Unfortunately, these
extensions are not defined in the HAPPE, so I re-saved my data file .set
files with EEGLAB. However, when I run the pipeline, it stops running for
the cleanline noise function. It works fine to read the file and choose the
channel of interest and filtering, but nothing else. As far as I understand
from the error message, my data type is not compatible with the function to
run properly. Thus, I would like to kindly ask the ones who work with the
same type of data with this pipeline if you could suggest a valid and
compatible data transformation method from ".eeg, vhdr, vmrk" files to
"set" file.

I have also attached my error files from HAPPE if you would like to take a
look.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and time in advance,

Best regards,

Sahura Ertugrul
Developmental and Educational Psychology
University of Bremen