[Eeglablist] Question regarding pop_interp not interpolating EEG.data

Louise Stolz lostolz at health.ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 18 02:52:18 PDT 2024

Hello,

I am having an issue with the pop_interp function whereby it will interpolate the channel location back in, but not the data. For example, my data starts with 64 channels, I removed 1 bad channel, and when I run pop_interp using the original 64 channel data structure, EEG.data remains as 63 x time rather than 64 x time which leads to issues later in running my iclabel function. However, EEG.chanlocs does go back to 64x1. Strangely, I do not have this issue with other data (.cdt files vs this data which is bdf).

Here is my relevant code:

  1.  Chan64=EEG.chanlocs; %original channel structure

2) not_eyechan=find(~strcmpi('FP1',{EEG.chanlocs.labels}) & ~strcmpi('FP2',{EEG.chanlocs.labels}) & ~strcmpi('FPz',{EEG.chanlocs.labels}));

3) [EEG, rejelecs] = pop_rejchan(EEG,'elec',not_eyechan,'threshold',2.5,'measure','spec','norm','on','freqrange',[0.1 6]);
4) EEG = pop_interp(EEG, Chan64, 'spherical'); %interpolate them to get 64chs
Do you know what could be causing this issue? I have attached my electrode montage for your reference as well.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Louise