[Eeglablist] FFT data with EEGlab, how to get them?

Maria Jose' Esposito mariajose.esposito2 at unibo.it
Thu Dec 9 00:56:03 PST 2004

Hi everybody,
I've just started to use EEGlab 4.511 on a Matlab 7.0. I'm interested in
extract from continuous EEG data (PSG) the  power spectrum of different
bands frequencies (that I would like define by myself) from a specific
channel, and then to have this data in a format (.txt is ok)  that allow me
to export them into another software for statistical analysis.  I've
already imported my raw EEG (from an EDF format) into EEGlab an I've done a
visual artifacts rejection, but I have some problem in finding a function
that allows to define spectral analysis features [e.g. frequency
band-withs, spectral resolution (window on analysis, epoch lengh), how to
add a cosine window, how to define the ovelapping rate].  I found in
EEGlablist message archive that it is possible to do something similar
by"phasecoher" function...is it in EEGlab or in Matlab?
Thank you very much.....I'm really looking forward to hearing from someone
soon.
m.j.

Maria José Esposito
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Università di Bologna
viale Berti Pichat, 5
40127, Bologna
Italia

Tel: +39-051-2091846/2091878     lab. +39-051-2091826
Fax: +39-051-243086
email: mariajose.esposito2 at unibo.it
           alphadreaming at yahoo.it