[Eeglablist] Error while using ICA

Hecke hecke at nld.ds.mpg.de
Fri Jan 12 04:10:04 PST 2007

Hi all,

Is someone familiar with the Error-Codes of runica()?
Since some trials with ICA I get the error-message:

> Data has rank 0. Cannot compute 63 components.

I did not get this messages the first times I take a new datafile. Does
eeglab alter the original data files?
All I do is to read my file with pop_loadbv(), store it in pop_newset(),
check it with eeg_checkset(), set EEG.setname and EEG.subject directly
and than run:

pop_runica( EEG, 'icatype', 'runica', 'dataset', CURRENTSET, ...
                      'extended', 1, 'verbose', 'on');

What has to be wrong in the data, to produce this error? (Do not say,
that my data-matrix has rank zero!;-))

btw: what means:
% is pca already an option?
in pop_runica() line 458 ?

I first encountered the above error, when enabling pca.

thanx a lot
	Hecke