[Eeglablist] dipole fit parameter for children

Jung, Ki-Young kyjung at smc.samsung.co.kr
Thu Jan 25 04:27:12 PST 2007

Dear EEGLABers

I'm trying to do dipole source localization on to spherical head model of
pediatric epileptic spikes using dipfit 2.0.

The components I am positive for epileptic origin would not be localized in
proper position in the brain.

Usually they were located outside the brain.

I think this problem is attributed to difference of head size and
conductivity from adult brain in some degree.

Would you please tell me how to adjust the parameter of spherical head model
appropriate for children (7-12 yo)

or overcome this problem?

Thank you!

Jung, Ki-Young, M.D., Ph.D.

Department of Neurology, Samsung Medical Center,

Sungkyungkwan University School of Medicine

50 Irwon-dong, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul, Korea, 135-710

Tel 82-2-3410-3597            Fax 82-2-3410-0052