[Eeglablist] Memory issue

Kristina Visscher visscher at brandeis.edu
Wed Feb 7 13:03:27 PST 2007

Dear EEGlab folks.
I'm new to EEGlab and have begun to use it to analyze data from our
128 electrode cap (collected with EGI's Netstation, 250 Hz).  We use
a Mac G5 with tons of memory (4 gig), but we can't load files of size
~300MB or larger.  Error message says 'not enough memory.'    Any
suggestions on what to do?  I'm sure others analyze relatively long
datasets of 128 channels.  Do people break them down into chunks
before segmentation?  How?

I note earlier posts about a similar issue (http://sccn.ucsd.edu/
pipermail/eeglablist/2006/001256.html), and the same issue (http://
sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2005/000757.html).  I wonder
whether there's been progress about how to get around this.
I also note that using biosig should help (http://sccn.ucsd.edu/
pipermail/eeglablist/2004/000581.html), however, although it is
included in the version of EEGlab I'm using, the instructions in the
above post don't seem appropriate, as the file menu does not have a
"import data" by "From other formats using BIOSIG" option.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kristina Visscher