[Eeglablist] erp analyses with unequal groups

Rob Anderson roba at unm.edu
Thu May 10 13:30:01 PDT 2007

Hi. I am currently conducting erp group comparisons of oddball and gonogo data for groups that have been defined based on a cluster analysis of personality trait variables. I would like to compare the erps for these different clusters (4 of them), but have only been able to compare groups of equal size (i.e., taking a subsample of the clusters). I do not have the Matlab Statistical Toolbox installed, so the statistical analyses are defaulting to the nonparametric permutation tests. If I install the statistical toolbox, will that enable me to make erp comparisons for unequal groups? If not, is there some other way to get statistics based on unequal groups? If not, is there a relatively easy way to do a bootstrap sort of analyses where the smaller groups are formed with different membership and then tested statistically to see if there is a difference within a given group when there are different members in that group? Thanks for any help you can give me with this.  Rob

Rob Anderson, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor