[Eeglablist] EEG electrode placement for detecting physical movements

Anish Mittal mittal.anish at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:54:49 PDT 2007

I got to know that the electrodes have to be placed in the motor cortex area
so as to detect the movements from various body parts like
face,foot,tongue,arms etc.My EEG machine has only 19 electrodes so i placed
all the electrodes in motor cortex region rather than placing them as in
10-20 system but i got all the EEG signal changes at the same set of
electrodes.
Can anyone help me out how to distinguish the signals and why the signals
were not coming on electrodes corresponding to that concerned
organ.Pleaseguide how to locate the electrode positions for detecting
these movements

Anish Mittal
Btech electrical
IIT Roorkee