[Eeglablist] importing fMRI tr events

Stefan Debener s.debener at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jun 15 12:52:05 PDT 2007

Hi Jenni,

 you need to add event labels and latencies to the EEG.event field, eg,:

evts = length(EEG.event);
EEG.event(evts+1).latency = 1234567;
EEG.event(evts+1).type = 'tr';
EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG);

You should also run eeg_checkset, which will place the new events at the
correct index in the event field (among other things)...

However, the problem in your case is that the placement of the TR
triggers should be as accuarte as possible. It is therefore better to
collect the trigger by reading the TTL from the scanner while recording
the EEG data with a high sampling rate). Even at 5 kHz sampling, a
trigger misplaced by just one sampling point will cause problems.

Best,
Stefan