[Eeglablist] Artifact removal validation

David Groppe dgroppe at cogsci.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 19 19:29:07 PDT 2007

Hi Borna,
  I know of one algorithm for automatically identifying components
corresponding to blinks and eye movements:

Joyce, C.A., Gorodnitsky, I.F. and Kutas, M. Automatic Removal of Eye
Movement and Blink Artifacts From EEG Data Using Blind Component
Separation, Psychophysiology, 2004, 41(2), 313-325.

  They provide a bit of evidence that the method works and it could make
your identification of such artifacts objective.
   cheers,
     -David

dgroppe at cogsci.ucsd.edu