[Eeglablist] ahout the ERSP baseline setting, more explanation.

Lili Wu wull1982 at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jul 26 09:03:16 PDT 2007

Hi,
  I am afraid that I did not describe my problem, so I drawed a simple picture to make clear and attached it to this email.

S ----- the stimulus onset time  (0 timepoint for the stimulus-epoch)
R------ the response onset time  (0 timepoint for the response-epoch)

the blue line ------  -500ms before stimulus oneset to the 0 timepoint(stimulus onset)

the green line-------  -1000ms before stimulus onset to the 500 ms after the stimulus

the purple line ------  -1000 ms before the response oneset to 500ms after the response( response-epoch)

Supposing the ERSP of the response-epoch ( the purple line) need to be compute, I need to use the stimulus-epoch( the blue line or the green line) to compute the powbase(use the data before stimulus as baseline), which is used as the baseline of the purple line's ERSP.

If I use the green line as the baseline, the matlab will return a error said the matrix are inconsistent.

So I wonder whether I can use the green line to compute the powbase matrix( baselined -1000ms~0ms). Hoping for your suggestions.

Best,

Lili Wu

 雅虎免费邮箱3.5G容量,20M附件!