[Eeglablist] eye movement in ERP

zhuzude zhuzude at 163.com
Thu Aug 2 20:13:19 PDT 2007

Hi, all,
I want to do an ERP study with picture sets and sentence sets, especially the picture stimuli sets are corresponding to sentence stimuli sets. The aim of the study is to estimate whether the same core cognitive processing implement the two kinds of stimuli processing. The pictures would be about4cm by4cm size; three pictures would be a trial stimulus, corresponding with 3 sentences which have 4-5 Chinese characters. My question is: subjects' eye movements are going to be numerous because the present pictures and bits of sentences probably longer than 1 or 2 characters. So I worry that eye movement signals would interfere with what we really want to record. And I am afraid that whether filtering is enough effective. Except for filtering, another possible resolution is that set the eye movement into the matrix in the analysis of covariance. However, I don’t know whether this is enough yet. Since eye movement would be quite of a problem in the EEG study, how can I promote my design?

Best regards. Zude.