[Eeglablist] EEG Alpha Asymmetry

Laszlo Balazs balazs at cogpsyphy.hu
Wed Aug 8 07:28:57 PDT 2007

Dear Gregor and Arno,

I think log transformed power behaves more disciplined in terms of
statistics.  Some people also prefer the hemispheric index (R-L)/(R+L) -
again from log power - for it is independent of absolute power values
that could be largely different between subjects. I am not familiar with
the current trends though since I have long departed from the laterality
business.
Best regards,
Laszlo