[Eeglablist] Output for log-transformed alpha power

gkohls at ukaachen.de gkohls at ukaachen.de
Mon Sep 24 05:11:59 PDT 2007

Dear colleagues,

again a question regarding alpha power.
I 'd like to compute the natural log for alpha band (8-13 Hz) of every
single channel (e.g. F3) of resting eeg chunks. What is the easiest way to
do so? And how to use Hamming windows for these chunks in eeglab (or do I
have to use matlab?). I have some ideas, but sometimes I get trouble with
matlab, because I get some negative values that can not be log transformed.
What could be wrong?

I'd highly appreciate your help (again).

Best wishes, Gregor

Gregor Kohls, M.A.
Child Neuropsychology Section
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
University Hospital Aachen
 Neuenhofer Weg 21, D-52074 Aachen
Phone: +49-(0)241-80-89892