[Eeglablist] New sLORETA, eLORETA, and Brain Connectivity Tools

Roberto D. Pascual-Marqui pascualm at key.uzh.ch
Thu Nov 15 13:42:22 PST 2007

Hello Andrew,
These measures of dependence can be applied to any pair (or group) of
time series (univariate or multiple). It doesn't matter where the
signals came from (implanted electrodes, computed signals such as from
DICS, ICA, dipoles, beamformers, etc).
If the signals can be modelled as stationary (e.g. eyes closed awake
resteing EEG), all you need are several artifact free epochs, or a
long stretch of signals that can be broken down into pieces (the
pieces are necessary to estimate the measures, it's like sample size
when computing a plain regression coefficient). If you have something
like single trial ERPs, then you can apply the measures to
time-frequency transforms, such as short-time-FFT, Gabor, Morlet, etc.
In this case, the collection of trials is the "sample size".
Hope this helps,
Roberto

--
Roberto D. Pascual-Marqui, PhD, PD
The KEY Institute for Brain-Mind Research
pascualm at key.uzh.ch
www.keyinst.uzh.ch/loreta