[Eeglablist] collaboration

Rcarlstedt at aol.com Rcarlstedt at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 10:55:12 PST 2007

I am looking for a collaborator(s)-collaborating lab. to assist in a qEEG
study of golfers. A student of mine (in the American Board of Sport Psychology
certification program) has recruited the number 1 ranked NCAA division I men's
 golf team and another college women's golf team to participate in a
multi-faceted study. In total about 40 golfers will be included in a study that  will
include numerous self-report tests/measures and a internet-based and
validated neurocognitive (Brain Resource Company) test battery. The purpose of  the
investigation will be to replicate parts of previous EEG studies of golfers,
but more importantly, test a model of peak performance (Athlete's Profile and
Critical Moments Models; see Carlstedt [2004]. Critical moments during
competition: A mind-body model of sport performance when it counts the most. NY:
Psychology Press). The models propose/hypothesize specific brain dynamics
occurring as a function of a self-report test generated "Athlete's Profile." HRV
will also be monitored during real competition and analyzed in the same
context and in relationship to brain, personality, behavioral and neurocogntive
measures.

We are seeking research grade EEG equipment on a loan basis and assistance
with data analysis. The EEG portion of the study will take place in the
Charlotte N.C. area.

We have tried to secure a NEXUS system with blue tooth capabilities but  have
yet to get a final decision and we have a looming deadline.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Of course authorship participation is  a
given. In addition, there is media interest that could be used to publicize
any equipment, labs and individuals if that might be beneficial or  desired.

Please contact me via: _rcarlstedt at americanboardofsportpsychology.org_
(mailto:rcarlstedt at americanboardofsportpsychology.org)   (see
_www.americanboardofsportpsychology.org_ (http://www.americanboardofsportpsychology.org)   for more
information on me and my work- see ABSP Journal and Chair's pages)

Thank you!
Roland A. Carlstedt,  Ph.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist/Licensed Applied Psychologist
Chair,  American Board of Sport Psychology
Clinical and Research Director:  Integrative Psychological Services of NYC
Research Fellow in Applied  Neuroscience: Brain Resource Company
rcarlstedt at americanboardofsportpsychology.org
917-680-3994