[Eeglablist] writing cnt files

Nasser Mourad nmourad_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 11:17:34 PST 2009

Dear EEGlab group

I am trying to write a neuroscan continuous signal file (file_name.cnt)
using the function “writecnt.m”, and I followed the following steps:

1- cnt = loadcnt(file_name, 'scale', 'off', 'sample1', 0, 'blockread', 1,'ldnsamples', 1000);
2. cnt.endtag = cnt.tag;
3. writecnt(out_file_name,  cnt, 'scale', 'off', 'sample1', 0, 'ldnsamples', 1000);

To this stage; it seems that every thing is working fine, but after that when I tried to read the data using eeglab or the command line function
[eeg] = read_eep_cnt(out_file_name,1,1000);
I get the following error message ”??? Error reading header from file”.
To me, it seems that the main problem comes from the matlab script “loadcnt.m”, that I used first to read the data, because by checking the size of the data set (size(cnt.data)) I found that the number of channels is 4201 instead of 129!!!!

Any idea what I have to do to fix that error?
Thanks in advance,

Nasser