[Eeglablist] writing cnt files

arno delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 23 11:53:05 PST 2009

Nasser,

the read_eep_cnt() is a function to read CNT files from the ANT
company not from Neuroscan. loadcnt is the correct function. This
function is pretty stable, so if you have problem, it is likely that
it comes from the writecnt function which is relatively unstable (and
not part of EEGLAB per say).

An alternative method would be to write to EDF format using BIOSIG
(swrite function) then open the EDF file under Neuroscan - I think
Neuroscan can open EDF file but I am not sure as I have not used this
software in a long time (of course you will loose in data resolution
since EDF is 16-bit and CNT is currently 32). That's probably the best
option.

Arno