[Eeglablist] Averaging subjects for time/frequency analysis

Kimberly Horn linkette at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:22:25 PST 2009

Hello EEGLAB users

I have a study which has about 20 participants per group (younger and older
adults).  I would like to average first within subjects to obtain an
individual average for each subject and then across across subjects for a
group average per group.  I do not know how to do either of these
procedures.  In looking back at previous EEGLAB mailings, there is a lot of
discussion on averaging but nothing on the actual procedure to make an
average.  I am thinking it has to do with something about making a STUDY and
then doing the pre-clustering?

Also, EEGLAB provides beautiful pictures of the time/frequency changes
across your epoch but I can not figure out how to get the data from this for
statistical analysis.  I would like to obtain numbers from these graphs so
that I can import them to SPSS for analysis.  Or if EEGLAB has a statistical
analysis in it that would be great.

Thank you!
Kim

--