[Eeglablist] Meaning of ITC

Makoto Miyakoshi mataothefifth at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Apr 14 23:51:49 PDT 2009

Dear Pal,

Thank you for your fast response and information.
Neurovascular coupling is the essential phenomenon with BOLD and it has
totally different time constant than EEG... that is fine with me. That
said, what I'm wondering is the meaning of ITC. On the one hand, ERSP is a
 measure of EEG power, which most likely reflects sum of regional neuronal
activities, which should be associated with BOLD via neurovascular coupling
(in principle). On the other hand, ITC has nothing to do with EEG power,
since it is a measure of inter-trial phase variance, therefore it should
not affect BOLD either. Then, what is the meaning of ITC in contrast with
ERSP/BOLD?

Makoto