[Eeglablist] Meaning of ITC

Makoto Miyakoshi mataothefifth at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Apr 10 02:24:57 PDT 2009

Dear experts,

Let me take a question about a basic physiology.
In my intuition, ERSP (i.e. EEG power) is related to neuronal  activation,
either firing frequency or number of firing cells. On the other hand, ITC
(i.e. inter-trial EEG phase) is NOT directly related to them. So, by
observing ITC, we may be observing some already systematized temporal
responsibility of the given network, which is too complicated and abstract
to imagine, compared to the case of neuronal firing simply
increasing/decreasing.  Does it mean, then, ITC is a totally different
index than, for example, BOLD?