[Eeglablist] Meaning of ITC

Makoto Miyakoshi mataothefifth at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Apr 16 20:20:06 PDT 2009

Dear Baris,

Thank you for your response. I agree with you. As you mentioned, ITC must
be related to the 'optimal point which maximizes the neural operation' in a
certain way. In my poor understanding of neural physiology, punctuality of
neuronal firing should derive from the fact that each neuron has a
specifically optimized 'time limit' to accept pulses from other neurons,
and only pulses arrived within the limit are summed to decide whether to
fire. In principle, temporal regulation of a macroscopic
electrophysiological phenomenon such as EEG still must be explained by the
prerequisite... that's my guess. Any comment?

About task modulation on ITC, you can find it on any of Makeig's papers.

Makoto