[Eeglablist] continuous or epoched data for fourier transform

Andrea Handl andrea at handl.hu
Thu May 7 03:45:12 PDT 2009

Dear all,

I would like to investigate power of different frequency band of
continuous eeg data. However, I have thought of adding events and
epoching data (because during artefact rejection, data needs to be
compared with video coding results).

Although reading earlier discussions on fourier transforms, I have not
understood if it is a problem to use the transform on epoched data.
Should I rather use continuous data?

I would be really glad if you could share your experience (and maybe
even some scripts) on the matter!

Thanks a lot!
Andrea