[Eeglablist] problems with plotting data in eeglab

Bradley Voytek bradley.voytek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:05:50 PDT 2009

Danielle (and eeg list):

So the reason the output has 43 columns when you have 46 events is as follows:

figure; erp = pop_erpimage(EEG,1, [5],[],strsetname, 4,1,{},[],''
,'yerplabel', '\muV', 'erp', 'on', 'limits', [NaN NaN -25 25 NaN NaN
NaN NaN] , 'cbar', 'on', 'vert',[170 300] ,'topo', { [5] EEG.chanlocs
EEG.chaninfo } );

The sixth input variable in your code, the one after 'strsetname', is
the number 4. This number sets the level of smoothing (for
visualization purposes) across the epochs dimension. The output will
always have that number minus one columns, because you're smoothing
across that dimension.

If you set that number to 0 or 1, your output will have the exact same
number of columns as you have have trials because you're not
smoothing.

Hope that helps!

::brad